Increasing Civic Engagement
- Rwandan citizens are not able to share ideas with lawmakers in real time when Parliament is initiating bills
- Laws are frequently mis-understand after being published by the government
- Lack on interaction between citizens and Parliament is delaying development in Rwanda
Create an app that will
- Inform the public of the daily discussions to be held in Parliament.
- Present the drafts bills which are in Parliament so that citizens can give their comments.
- Present the constitution of the Rwandan government so that citizens understand their rights.
- Link users to their usual social media for a convenient one-stop experience.
- The team created a mobile app and dashboard that allows interaction between Parliament and citizens to increase the flow of information and idea-sharing.
- The app provides real-time updated information about bills being initiated in Parliament and allows citizens to provide input.